question-icon

Is blocked fallopian tube suggestive of cancer?

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017
Question: My daughter has blocked fallopian tubes can this be cancer
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It is not a cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your to Healthcare magic.

I have read carefully your question and understand your concern for your sister.

There are no chances that your sister have cancer because:

1.The most common reason of blocked Fallopian tubes is pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) caused from sexually transmitted infection such as chlamydia or gonorrhea.

2.She have bilateral blocked tubes

3.She is very young

Meanwhile don't worry because she will be very good,only issue that she will have is infertility or she haven't chances to be pregnant.

Hope I was helpful and please feel free for further question.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine