Is angioplasty procedure advisable when a person is having 70% heart blockage?
Yes, this is true!
Hi and thanks for this query.
It is true that angioplasty is only done when the blockage is ≥80%. This is because surgery at blockages less than 80% have not shown any major benefits compared to those in whom nothing was done. It is therefore of no great added value and doesn't warrant doing so.
I hope this addresses your query. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
What are symptoms. they also said she has calcification-does that make any difference. She's from Taiwan- and there they said she should do the angioplasty- why the difference
Protocols differ but operating small blockages is not best practice!
Hi and thanks for this followup question.
Surgery is not without risk. Before we operate on a client, we must make sure that it is the best option and the gains clearly outweigh the risk of surgery. I will maintain that you stay away from surgery which is not recommended. Hospital practices differ but I will not lean towards what is done in Taiwan.....It is not a universal recommendation.
Remember surgeons love operating and when they decline, believe them that is is very much justified.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural remedies for angioplasty blockage
- Angioplasty lad blockage view
- Rca blockage 70 angioplasty
- Percentage of blockage required for angioplasty
- Angioplasty for 90 blockage
- Heart block and angioplasty
- Angioplasty percent blockage
- Angioplasty heart surgery dangerous
- Angioplasty 80 blockage
- Heart fluttering after angioplasty
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?