Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Is an inguinal orchiectomy advisable while having hypertension and diabetes?

Mar 2017
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1392 Questions
Male with heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes so any risks if I go for inguinal bilateral orchiectomy surgery? Or should I go for degarelix (Firmagon) instead?
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:

After going through the medical derails provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that you need to take a cardiac clearance by personally consulting a cardiologist. Few tests like echocardiography or stress test will be required to see cardiac fitness status only after this the cardiologist will give you written prescription there by clearing by our for surgery.

In the other hand Degarelix is an antineoplastic drug used for the treatment of prostate disease. Whether or not it can be a substitute for surgery will solely be decided by your treating doctor as it depends on various other factors.

Hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor