Is an inguinal orchiectomy advisable while having hypertension and diabetes?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
Male with heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes so any risks if I go for inguinal bilateral orchiectomy surgery? Or should I go for degarelix (Firmagon) instead?
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical derails provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that you need to take a cardiac clearance by personally consulting a cardiologist. Few tests like echocardiography or stress test will be required to see cardiac fitness status only after this the cardiologist will give you written prescription there by clearing by our for surgery.

In the other hand Degarelix is an antineoplastic drug used for the treatment of prostate disease. Whether or not it can be a substitute for surgery will solely be decided by your treating doctor as it depends on various other factors.

Hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap