Is a swollen uterus of 15mm a cause for concern?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 28 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello I am post menopausal and they said my uterus is swollen to 15mm. Normal for this age is 1 mg. I am not bleeding at all. My abdomen is swollen.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs endometrial biopsy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It seems that you have an endometrial hyperplasia. Having bleeding is not necessary. You need to have an endometrial biopsy after consulting your gynecologist to rule out any malignancy.It is a small procedure and will confirm that this problem is benign and hormone related. The swelling in the abdomen can be due to gas and distension.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal