Is a HIV combo test after 24 days of exposure conclusive?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
hello i had unprotected sex on 21 of XXXXXXX on the 25 i dun antibody test was negative and an on the 15 of July witch is 24 days later 3weeks and half ARCHITECT AG/AC HIV COMBO ABBOTT TECHNIQUE CMIA was negative
negative =1
negative 0.14
whats the accurate of this test dun 24 days after post exposer
do i need to do another test whats the chances of the next test to change
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Does not seem to be HIV infected.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
A warm welcome to Healthcare magic.
Don't worry. Most probably you do not have HIV. Your report says you are negative for HIV. A second is advised after 6-8 weeks post infection, however the chances of change to a positive result is unlikely in case the first test done is a combo ELISA (you have done a combo ELISA).The exact accuracy is difficult to asess, but it is more than 99 %.

Hope I have answered your querry. Ask me if you have any more querry. Have a nice day.

Follow-up: Is a HIV combo test after 24 days of exposure conclusive? 23 minutes later
thanks for your answer the test i dun its combo test hiv1-2 and p24 is considered to be99.98 % at and 95% at 4 weeks i dun the test in the clinic in France not rapid test at 3 weeks and half how quick the test can detect hiv after infection thx

Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Depend on level of exposure

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcoome back
There is no such data to predict how quick it can detect. it depends on the quantity of viral particle to which one is exposed. It again depends on load of virus present in the partner and the type of exposure, whether risky or less risky.

I hope it is clear now. Thanks once again. All the very best.