Is Plexus effective at treating fibromyalgia?

Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist

Posted on Tue, 9 Oct 2018 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hello. I am currently on levothyroxine, birth control pills, antacids and vitamins. I have fibromyalgia. I have a handful of people suggesting I try Plexus...actually TriPlex...to help me. Is this safe for me to try? ingredients can be found online under name. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Do you have symptoms of an allergic reaction?

Detailed Answer:

Plexus is a combination of drugs like Betamethasone and an antihistamine (Dexchlorpheniramine) and it is recommended in the treatment of allergies (respiratory, dermatologic and ocular allergies), as well as ocular inflammatory disorders, where adjunctive systemic corticosteroid therapy is indicated.

Triplex is a combination of three antihistamines and it is used to treat symptoms caused by allergies, the common cold, or the flu.

For the treatment of Fibromyalgia, there is not a treatment that works for all symptoms but you can try some medications like pain relievers, antidepressants and anticonvulsants or muscle relaxers.

These Medications can help reduce the pain of fibromyalgia and improve sleep.

If you want to use Plexus or Triplex to ease the symptoms of Fibromyalgia, I can say that these are not the right medications.

If you have not symptoms of allergies, it is not safe to take these products.

I suggest talking with your treating rheumatologist about the right treatment for your fibromyalgia.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Elona Xhardo, Endocrinologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T