Is Pepto-bismol advisable when diagnosed with lactose intolerence?
She has medicine for the lactose and she is very careful what she eats. Can she take pepto-bismol?
Yes, Pepto-bismol may help is some people
Thank you for posting your question to HCM,
Yes, she can take Pepto-bismol, it may help.
Thought, the medicine for the lactose is the most important and taking plenty of fluids to substitute the fluids that she is losing.
Its good that she is careful with what she eats. Most probably she will get into normal bowel movement very soon, as soon as the lactose food gets our of her bowel.
Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarification. Otherwise please close and rate the question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?