Is HSV IGG report of 1.35 a cause of concern?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
I'm 26yr old unmarried going to get married next year.... I have been with a call girl 20days ago using all precautions and safetys but my skin n hand was little rash n minute bump n itchy i have gone for complete blood test reports are below
hsv igg 1.35 and hsv igm 0.28
Hiv negative viral load 100
complete blood pictures normal
can hsv igg get cured? With antibiotics. I'm tensed can you help me ? For further details
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HSV IgG was for HSV 1 or HSV 2?

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

You had a protected exposure. So your risk for HIV/STD is negligible. Rashes may be due to various reasons and might not be related to HIV/STD.
Tests done on 20 days after the high risk activity (in your case no risk as you had safe sex) were not so conclusive. May have to be repeated if you want to have more conclusive results.
Regarding HSV there are two types of infections.
1. HSV 1 - Usually spreads through casual contact and not a STD. Many of us would have past infections as 'cold sore" in and around mouth, IgG would be positive.
2. HSV 2 is a STD.
In your test it had not been mentioned that whether your IgG is for HSV 1 or
HSV 2.
Even then Herpes is not a life threatening disease. Nothing to worry.
You can get married with few advice from your doctor.
DR S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Is HSV IGG report of 1.35 a cause of concern? 10 minutes later
If it is std hsv 2 and my igg level is 1.35 lab technician tells that your level will get down to negative maybe to 0.30 to 0.40 doctor will give course for 1week as it is minute positive so nothing to worry... it comes down to negative he says.... is it true?
Doctor can you clearly answer me can hsv 2 std if it is 1.35 positive can we bring it to negative? Forever using medicine for a week?
My skin is sticky during shower and when I wash my hands and legs by cleaning soap it is sticky from a week I never faced this problem can you please help me from this sticky. It is normal after I wipe with towel and normal

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Titre notindicate severity.Symptoms notHSV related

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

It is true that a course of Anti-viral drugs for a week would heal the lesions, if you have any. But it will not prevent any recurrence which is a common nuisance with HSV infection. Likewise this course of drug would not reverse the Ig G Positive results. It may take years to become negative.
The result says that your HSV IgG is positive. That is all. It has no value with the reading of the test. 1.35 indicates positive for an old HSV infection. IgM indicates Recent infection. There is no minute positive or heavy positive with the reading of the results as the technician told. It may vary with an individual's immune system response to the virus in forming antibodies.
Similarly the stickyness of your hands legs have no relation to either HSV or any STD. It may be due to hyperhydrosis, some individuals have normally. If you have more doubts about this get examined by a Dermatologist and clarify your doubt.
DR S XXXXXXX