Is HGH treatment effective for height incerease?

Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Could I still grow taller with HGH treatment? I'm 18 years old, and according to my growth charts I am supposed to be about 6'5 (I was in the 97th percentile of height until I was 13). However, I have grown less than an inch since I was 13, and after getting my blood drawn at my family practice doctor, he told me I have extremely low growth hormone levels in my body (undetectable). I am currently less than 5'7, and my doctor told me that he "sees no reason" why I couldn't grow four inches or more with growth hormone treatment. I was 5'6 when I was 13, and I have grown half-an-inch since then.
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
GROWTH HORMONE THERAPY

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Your question :COULD YOU STILL GROW TALLER WITH HGH TREATMENT EVEN AFTER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS?
Ans : YES ???
Let me explain about your disease, so that you will understand better.
Till 13 years you were perfect , height was 5'6" ( 97% )but after that within 5 years only 1/2 to 1 inch .
In my opinion retardation of growth may be due to these possibilities these include:ADULT GROWTH HORMONE DEFICIENCY ( AGHD) a rare disorder.
1 Hypothalamic damage or
2 Pituitary somatotrophe damage.
Diagnosis can be confirmed by signs and symptoms :Changes in body composition,lipid metabolism, quality of life and cardiovascular dysfunction.
MRI:Pituitary ;mass or structural damage
Reduced bone mineral density
abdomen :excess omental adiposity
Lab findings :evoked GROWTH HORMONE < 3 ng/mL
Increased LDL cholesterol .
IGF-1 & IGFBP3 low .
The starting dose of growth hormone is 0.15 to 0.3 mg/day ( up to maximum of 1.25 mg/d)
Lumbar spine bone mineral density increases but this response if gradual ( > one year).
I mentioned in detail so that you can understand whole things before any GROWTH HORMONE TREATMENT .
Consult an "ENDOCRINOLOGIST" and get his opinion.
Hope I have answered your question .
Further any question I will reply in follow up.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Thank you for your input; I'll schedule an appointment with Dr. XXXXXXX Delemater for within the next two weeks. So, do you think I could acheive another few inches with growth hormone treatment? Also, is it true that those with growth hormone deficiency have a bone age delayed by several years?
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
AGHD

Detailed Answer:
Hello My dear XXXXXXX pilrose
Yes its a very good decision and consult Dr . XXXXXXX and get his opinion.
Definitely your height will increase at least 2 inches due to lumbar spine bone material .
In this disease bone mineral contents reduced , so bone age delayed for several years.
Although this is a rare disease but with the newer invention you will get desired results .
Hope this will be helpful for you.
Further any question I will reply happily.
Good luck for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 20 minutes later
Thank you very much! If my bone age is also delayed by several years, that means I could also gain inches from delayed growth. That is great news!
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
AGHD

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
It is my pleasure and welcome , thanks .
Follow up: Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 13 hours later
Quick follow up question: what is the likelihood I could grow 4-6 more inches? I don't expect to reach my predicted adult height of 6'4, but could I reach 5'11 or 6'0?
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
AGHD

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
It all depend on the response to the treatment , its effect on you .
Good luck.