Is Finecef-T sufficient for S.typhi infection?
Ceftriaxone is drug of choice
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms XXXXXXX
Finecef T is Ceftriaxone+ Tazobactum. It is drug of choice for treatment and management of Typhoid fever. It is sufficient.
The fever should start decreasing 24-48 hours after initiation of antibiotic.
If the fever is reducing and there are no other complaints, then the good news is your husband is on path of recovery.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance,will be glad to assist you.
Dr Deepak Kishore
Complete resolution takes 4 to 5 days
If the previous temperature was higher than this and present temperature is 99 to 100 then there is clinical improvement.
The fever to completely settle down will take 4 to 5 days after initiation of intravenous antibiotic.
Do keep me updated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eye infection and gum infection
- It is vaginal infection or urinary infection
- Symptoms of infective respiratory infection
- Infective respiratory infection causes
- Infection on penile shaft infection
- Diagnosis of infective respiratory infection
- Urine infection eye infection
- Eye infection with vaginal infection
- Bacterial infection or yeast infection
- Urinary infection and yeast infection