Suggest treatment for constant joint pain post typhoid fever

Question
I am having joint pain post my typhoid. Still not going down. Have been taking wysolon. Any other medicine
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Reactive Arthritis is helped by Ibuprofen

Detailed Answer:

When was the typhoid fever ended? Was the course of antibiotics complete?
Do you have swelling of the joint? Was the joint tender to touch?
Did you get HLA-B27 gene test done?
Physicians label such joint pain after enteric fever as reactive arthritis and most common in genetically susceptible people.
Wysolone is never a great choice for such pain unless extreme swelling of joints unable to move out of bed.
If the pain and swelling started within one month or 8 weeks of typhoid we label as Acute phase and just treat with good anti-inflammatory (pain) medicines like Naproxen, Diclofenac along with Proton pump inhibitor like Omeprazole to prevent gastritis.
If the pain is over very long time it is good to consider sulfasalazine.
Please see a Rheumatologist and discuss what I said to you here.
Since all of the above are prescription based drugs you need to consult a doctor.
Till then you can rely on Tab Ibuprofen 400mg, thrice a day after food. This is available over the counter.
Let me know if you have further questions, happy to clarify you further.