Suggest treatment for constant joint pain post typhoid fever
Reactive Arthritis is helped by Ibuprofen
When was the typhoid fever ended? Was the course of antibiotics complete?
Do you have swelling of the joint? Was the joint tender to touch?
Did you get HLA-B27 gene test done?
Physicians label such joint pain after enteric fever as reactive arthritis and most common in genetically susceptible people.
Wysolone is never a great choice for such pain unless extreme swelling of joints unable to move out of bed.
If the pain and swelling started within one month or 8 weeks of typhoid we label as Acute phase and just treat with good anti-inflammatory (pain) medicines like Naproxen, Diclofenac along with Proton pump inhibitor like Omeprazole to prevent gastritis.
If the pain is over very long time it is good to consider sulfasalazine.
Please see a Rheumatologist and discuss what I said to you here.
Since all of the above are prescription based drugs you need to consult a doctor.
Till then you can rely on Tab Ibuprofen 400mg, thrice a day after food. This is available over the counter.
Let me know if you have further questions, happy to clarify you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Typhoid fever joint pain pulse 85-90
- Severe joint pain after typhoid fever
- Suggest treatment for typhoid fever
- Medical treatment for typhoid fever
- Typhoid fever treatment
- What treatment is suggested for typhoid fever
- Typhoid fever joint pain
- Typhoid fever treatment for child
- Treatment and cure for Typhoid fever
- Antibiotic treatment for typhoid fever
- Took oxandrolone treatment for few days. Will this cause any side effect?
- Feeling weak and dizzy after stomach flu. How to get relief?
- Drank a glass of phenyl. What should be done for cure?
- No sperm found in sperm analysis. Is there any medicine to create the...
- 59 years old. Passing semen with urine. What treatment should be done?
- Which specialist should I consult for pineal cysts?
- I pricked my palm on a rusty nail. Do I need tetanus shot?
- History of frequent heartburn. Having severe pain below rib cage during...
- Is the compositions for nalcon and falcon same?
- Child has fever, rapid heartbeat and started vomiting. What is causing...