Is Cymbalta good for anxiety and peripheral neuropathy?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
Hi, I have been diagnosed and dealing with Neuropathy of the feet for several years (not relating to diabeties).
I tried Lyrica in the past with no success and stopped taking meds for this but has gotten so bad I need to try something else. I also take Xanax for anxiety which helps that issue but caused extreme fatigue. In researching this topic I found Cybalta is used for both. Do you have an opinion on this?
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, Cymbalta is a good possibility.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Yes, Cymbalta (duloxetine) is a new antidepressant drug that has been shown effective for both, anxiety and depression disorder and symptoms related to peripheral neuropathy.

It is a prescription drug, so, you need to discuss with your Doctor about prescribing and using it.

The optimal dose for these conditions is 60 mg/daily.

Hope you found the answer helpful

Let me know if I can assist you further.