Is Cymbalta good for anxiety and peripheral neuropathy?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi, I have been diagnosed and dealing with Neuropathy of the feet for several years (not relating to diabeties).
I tried Lyrica in the past with no success and stopped taking meds for this but has gotten so bad I need to try something else. I also take Xanax for anxiety which helps that issue but caused extreme fatigue. In researching this topic I found Cybalta is used for both. Do you have an opinion on this?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, Cymbalta is a good possibility.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Yes, Cymbalta (duloxetine) is a new antidepressant drug that has been shown effective for both, anxiety and depression disorder and symptoms related to peripheral neuropathy.

It is a prescription drug, so, you need to discuss with your Doctor about prescribing and using it.

The optimal dose for these conditions is 60 mg/daily.

Hope you found the answer helpful

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T