Is Aceclofenac advisable while breastfeeding?
Thanks for asking on HelathcareMagic.
There are insufficient clinical observations on using aceclofenac during breastfeeding. By this reason, safety of this drug during breastfeeding has not been established. However, since she has already taken the medicine it is advisable to give a 3-4 hours gap (from the time of taking the medicine) before she breast feeds again. That should minimize the possible intake by the baby.
In case of abdominal pain due to gastritis, PGI (Aceclofenac+paracetamol) can make the pain worse and so I would not recommend taking it anyway.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cramps while breastfeeding
- Costochondritis aceclofenac
- Acitrom while breastfeeding
- Usages of aceclofenac
- Bee sting while breastfeeding
- Aceclofenac for toothache
- Is it normal to bleed while breastfeeding
- Spasmo proxyvon while breastfeeding
- Dark spotting while breastfeeding
- Dry lips while breastfeeding