Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, body swelling, weight gain, advised thyroid test. Tips for weight reduction?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
Dear Doctor,

Good Afternoon,

My name is XXXXXXX and my age is 19 and my weight is 70 high is 5".4 inch i was having complain of irragulore period and sweling in body special stomach and face with neck area doctor has suggested go for thyroid test. My weight is also getting increase. Please suggest for how to loose weight.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 35 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.Get thyroid tests as hypothyroidism could be very well responsible for weight gain. You may also need to be checked for poly cystic ovarian disease. These tests are mandatory because unless we treat them you may find it difficult to lose wt. Meanwhile I will give some genrral ideas to lose weight.Drink atleast 3 litres of water, burn atleast 300 kcal by exercise, take lot of greenies and salad, cut down on junk food, fried objecys and bakery items.Try oats or fruit bowl for breakfast and drink green tea atleast 3 times a day. Try these measures for atleast 3 months. Get the tests advised above. Im hopeful that you will succeed in losing weight.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor