Irregular heart beat. Is this any heart disease?
Yes, he should see a doctor
Your boyfriend has an irregular heartbeat. Going by his age of 34, he needs further evaluation of this irregular heartbeat in the form of Electrocardiogram (ECG). A holter monitoring would be able to diagnose the irregularity much better and precisely.
It is normal to have irregular heartbeats occasionally, but not on a regular basis. If your boyfriend has this on a daily basis, it would be ideal to see a doctor, a Cardiologist specifically to be evaluated accordingly.
Hope this is clear to you.
Yes, heart rhythm disorders likely
Thanks for providing the additional information.
History of illegal drug use in the past, along with alcohol intake and the obesity, makes your boyfriend vulnerable to irregularities of heart beats or rhythm.
You must know that drug abusers are known to have high heart rates, and mostly die of sudden cardiac deaths in the form of ventricular tachycardia.
I am glad your boyfriend has stopped its use now. I would suggest him to limit alcohol intake to not more than 2 drinks in any given 24 hours, since excess alcohol also causes heart irregularities.
In addition, it would be better for him to lose some weight to live a healthy heart.
Hope this helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Indigestion irregular heart beat
- Irregular heart beats in a row
- Tonsilitis and irregular heart beat
- Lasik and irregular heart beat
- Giardia irregular heart beat
- Chiropractic and irregular heart beat
- Irregular heart beat and breathlessness
- Irregular heart beating butterfly
- Zopiclone irregular heart beat
- Irregular heart beat is this any heart disease
- Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take...
- Had protected sex. Took all HIV and VDRL test which came negative. Any...
- Suffering from arthritis and complicated with heart disease. Having...
- Is Syphillis chancre in the anal area an open sore or it like pimple...
- Have dark black patch's on face. Suggest home remedy?
- Have soft squishy pink growth inside lower lip following dental work....
- Difficulty to sleep, short of breath, chest tightness and light headed....
- Having anus itching due to worm. Suggest the medication to get rid of this?
- Had 2 strokes, recently had foot surgery. Having labored breathing and...
- Suffer cellulitis and urinary tract infection? Suggestions?