Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Infection in POD. What type of treatment is required?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
I have mild infection in POD? So kindly suggest me what type of treatment it should require?Does it will create any problem in concieving.while since I m 9 months married
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic.

1) Mild collection or small amount fluid in POD is quite common and normal thing. It is basically seen immediately after ovulation and indicative of menstrual cycle.

2) According to your clinical presentation (mild stomach pain) and mild collection in POD, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) needs to be ruled out. If there is no other associated features like fever, white discharge, menstrual irregularity etc, then it is quite unlike for that. Mild stomach pain is not a relevant feature of PID by any means.

However, I suggest you to continue current medications (antacid & one course of antibiotic) as per your doctor's prescription. They are quite effective to treat mild infection (if any) and clear confusion.

3) Mild POD collection is quite physiological and there is no problem in conceiving if you have regular cycle with proper ovulation. You have also normal ultrasound scan report. So, you would not be worried regarding this.

Take balanced diet with vitamin and folic acid supplements for at least 3 months prior to conception, drink more water and eat green vegetables, maintain genital hygiene properly. These are the backbone before planning to pregnancy.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor