I'm 71 yo diabetic female. Had hysterectomy when in my
Probably a yeast infection, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to a yeast infection.
In diabetes the probability of a yeast infection is very high due to blood sugar level.
So, it is very important to maintain under control the blood sugar level.
I recommend you to do a urinalysis to confirm the diagnosis.
Meanwhile, I recommend you to use antifungal medication for three days. I suggest over the counter antifungal medications such as miconazole (Monistat).
I also recommend to use article inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times daily.
For the spasmodic sensation in urethra you can use antispasmodic medication such as Buscopan 10 mg three times a day.
After the examination you can contact me again for further evaluation.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?