I recently had a routine test and my ESR was
Please refer to the detailed information below
After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that ESR is not basically a stand-alone diagnostic test and can be elevated in a variety of medical issues. However an ESR of 40 is not very significantly high and this level is generally seen in old-age patients, arthritis , anaemia, pregnancy, seasonal viral infections like common cold etc. Here I would like to know
1. Do you have any previous medical issues?
2. Your age group?
3. Smoking habit?
And regarding your LDL levels those are just slightly deranged and there is nothing to be concerned about that you just need to follow healthy lifestyle routine that will keep your lipid profile within desired level and also consume plenty of water daily.
Hope to have been helpful.
Dr Bhanu Partap
No medical condition
Age is 29
No smoking / alcohol habits
Then you need not do anything as of now as stand alone slightly high esr is of no significance.
You can repeat it after 2 months then we will see if anything needs to be done. So just relax as of now.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?