Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

I am 28 year old male suffering from burning sensation near anal area while urinating

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9622 Questions
Hi, I am 28 year old male and suffering from burning while urination and burning near anal area. Also as my sitting hours in office increases, symptoms show up again.Whenever I get an intimate with my wife, the next day symptoms show up again. I have left alcohol and coffee.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is due to prostatitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have infection of the prostate(Prostatitis). Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Routine Urine Test and Urine culture. 2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen 3)Swab test and culture of urethral discharge after prostate massage. 4) Trans Rectal ultrasound scanning (TRUS). Tough your routine urine test does not reveal any bacteria they can be detected on doing culture of prostatic fluid which you can get after doing a prostate massage by a health personnel or Urologist. Prostatitis takes long time to get cured hence one has to take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report for 3-4 weeks. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: I am 28 year old male suffering from burning sensation near anal area while urinating 20 hours later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX Thank you for your reply. Is this condition treatable? Could this be a recurring problem? Right now, I am waiting on my insurance to get activated. I am hoping to get activated in this coming week. BY that time, what should be done in order to keep symptoms in control? How much these tests generally cost? Does this condition lead to sexual dysfunction? Also the antibiotics and medicines suggested by you, are they available without prescription? I feel really better after bed rest and if I don't get intimate for certain period of time. Does this mean I should stop having sex completely? As of now, I don't have any pain in my penis or testicles unless I have prolonged foreplay. Also, there is almost very little to no post ejaculatory pain. But I do have constant pain (not very severe) in my left or right bladder (It keeps changing) and near anal area (burning feeling). Is it advisable to do physical activities such as walking or running? I look forward to hear from you.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Prostatitis is can be cured with medicines. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Prostatitis can be cured by antibiotics taken for long period of time say 3-4 weeks.It has tendency to recur . Since I am based in India I can not make comments regarding charges for these tests in U.S. You can take medicines suggested earlier .You have to have prescription of a qualified Dr.Please get it from your family physician. If left untreated It mat lead to ED and painful ejaculation. You van have physical exercises. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor