Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes frequent urination, poor urine stream and involuntary leakage of urine?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I am urinating frequently, have a weak stream at times and do not seem to finish and small amount leaking
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out Enlarged Prostate

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Increased frequency for urination ,poor urine stream and leakage of urine that you have is mostly due to enlarged prostate which is common after the age of 60 years.

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.

In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Ciprofloxacin and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with Tomsulosin once daily

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.