Suggest antibiotics to treat a UTI

Dr. Eni

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in General Health
Question: Which antibiotic better for a uti - ceftin or cipro?
Answered by Dr. Eni 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
In between these two, cipro is better

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,
You have asked about the best treatment for UTI, and between the two drugs you mentioned, Cipro is way better than ceftin. Actually, ceftin shouldn't be used and it is the third-line choice.
Nitrofurantoin is actually the best drug, followed by fosfomycin.
Second-line choice is Cipro. Then follows ceftin.
You should discuss with your doctor which antibiotic he/she may suggest you, since it may depend also on the organism causing the infection, if he has already done a antibiogramme. Plus you will need a prescription to get these drugs.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad