How to sharpen brain?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: Ways to get smarter. Are there special vitamins for that?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Smarter

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Here are ways to make you smarter.

1. Have a balanced meal and make sure to add egg white into your diet daily
2. Exercise before you study. Exercising makes your mind more alert. Exercising improves blood circulation of the brain
3. Taking multivitamins with Vit B12, Folic acid, Magnesium, Vit B6 and Vit E are commonly seen to improve both memory and concentration
4. Sleeping well for atleast 8 hours a day improves concentration
5. Avoid working late nights and watching tv late nights.
6. Revising what you have studied immediately the next day improves recall capacity by 48%

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health

Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 14 hours later
Is it citicholine and the XXXXXXX brahmi herb good brain supplements?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Citicholine is good drug for memory impairment however it is only given in proven attention deficit disorder conditions and normal people might not see much of a difference.
Brahmi is an ayurvedic product since I am an allopathic doctor I do not have much information about it, I have seen some patients on it seeing little improvement

I hope I was of help, I am sorry for the short delay in my reply I was on call at my hospital

Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Thanks for answering my query and hope you can answer me this last one

I am 19 and I bought yesterday a Brain Health supplement at GNC. it doesn't have an age prescription. I may be scared with some of the ingredients including the previous mentioned choline because one of the physicians in this app told me it is just for old people with Alzheimer's desease. And, that many of other supplements doesn't work but just work the placebo effect. I don't have any kind of psychological desease, I just want to improve attention and retention. it is good for me to use it?

Thanks again for your time
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for getting back

You can take this supplement, the contents of this product are safe at your age. Choline at 100mg is safe to be taken on a daily basis. Choline and citacholine are two different things. Citacholine as a drug is prescribed in dementia.

Along with this supplement please also follow some of the tips I have mentioned in my first post. I also recommend you to follow 'study tips' and 'motivation' on pintrest or other social sites to keep you motivated. It helped me while studying for my M.D

I hope I was of help

Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 minutes later
I just took. Thanks a lot doctor. Have a great day!
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
hello

I am glad I was of help. You can write me a review, it makes me happy

You too have a nice day