How to rule out hematoma?
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
From your description it appears to be due to some haemorrhage because of extended or vigorous sex. As the age advances skin and veins become more fragile resulting in easy bleeding even with slight trauma.
This problem is more if you are taking some blood thinning medicines like aspirin or clopidegrol etc.
However try to send a photograph so that I can be more sure.
I hope it helps.
Best of luck
I have seen the photograph and it appears to be a traumatic bruise only.
Nothing special is to be done.
Apply locally NEOSPORIN skin ointment twice a day and avoid sex for at least 2 weeks.
Resume sexual activity only after the bruise goes away.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?