How to lower blood pressure level?
Relax and if possible go to ER
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I would like to answer your query.
Right now, your blood pressure is high and it needs to be brought under control and you need to go to the ER.
However, if you are not in a position to go, I would increase increase the hydrochlorothiazide to 25 mg to twice daily and keep checking the blood pressure.
Other drugs are not easily accessible OTC drugs and blood pressure needs to be monitored in hospital setting.
Stress is one of the event which can increase blood pressure, you need to take rest and sleep well.
Other things you can try include:
1. weight reduction - if overweight
2. consume diet rich in fruits, vegetables, low fat dairy products and avoid saturated fat and total fat
3. Reduce dietary sodium
4. Engage in regular physical activity
5. Limit alcohol consumption
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
Steroids can cause raised blood pressure
Thanks for considering my recommendation. Hopefully your blood pressure comes under control.
Steroids are known to rise blood pressure and it may be causing it. However, do to auto-immune disease, it cannot be discontinued.
Steroids and antidepressants lead to weight gain. So diet is very important. Try to have a very balanced diet as I told earlier.
If you have any further queries, happy to help again. If you do not have, then you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Dr. Prakash HM.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How does pranayama lower blood pressure
- How to lower blood pressure instantly med exam
- How to lower blood pressure before a medical exam
- How to level the sudden high blood pressure
- How to lower diastolic blood pressure
- 16084 how to lower blood pressure
- How to lower blood pressure
- How to lower blood pressure overnight
- How to lower blood pressure instantly
- How to lower blood pressure before going to doctor
- What causes sudden weight loss with hypothyroidism, dementia and...
- What does "high CPK-278 and Squamous Epithelial Cells" indicate?
- What causes heart burn in a diabetic patient?
- What causes diabetes mellitus?
- Suggest diet to gain weight
- What causes weight loss and appetite loss?
- What causes headaches and blurred vision when suffering from low blood...
- What causes raised TSH levels and abnormal eosinophil count?
- What are stages in old age when elderly person cannot take care of self?
- What symptoms should be noted when suffering from lung and heart disease?