Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

How to increase the height of men after age of 28?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1982
Answered : 3023 Questions
hello Doc.... Actually i want to ask about how to increase the height of men after age 28
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is really difficult to increase height after 28 Detailed Answer: Hi, It is really difficult to increase height after the age of 28, primarily due to the fact that the bones stop growing at this age. Surgeries and growth hormones which promise height growth in adults are potentially XXXXXXX and detrimental for the body. However, with a few tricks and tips, it may be possible to add a few inches or at least appear taller. Growth hormone is responsible for increase in height. Post puberty the production of this hormone is slow. Some people take this hormone in the form of pills and injection, but that do not improve height much. On the contrary, that might cause side effects producing disturbances hormonal imbalances. Hyperpigmentation,lethargy,weakness,nausea may also occur. Limb lengthening surgery refers to an operation where a piece of bone is cut from some part of the body and is attached to your leg bones. This enhances the height permanently. It is very expensive and would be XXXXXXX So, I do not recommend this method to increase the height. Vertebroplasty is one sure way of increasing a person’s height after the age of 28. This involves the lengthening of the human spine that would contribute to the height increase. This may be considered. Another option to grow few inches height after the age of 28 is stretching exercises & yoga along with the right diet. One must take stretching workouts regularly and rigorously.Basket ball & swimming may be helpful. Have lot of water,dairy products and balance diet. And to take diet rich in zinc, manganese and phosphorus. One should take Sunbath to have vitamin D, which is also responsible for height. I hope you got my answer. Thanks. Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor