Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of surgical scar on eyebrow?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
Hello :) I just wanted to know if there's anyway I can fade a surgical scar on my eyebrow from approx. 12 years ago? When I was 4 1/2, I busted my face open & had to have immediate surgery & the only way they could save me was by stitching me up :( . I now use make up to cover it up but sometimes I just don't feel like covering it up with an eyebrow pencil, & to top it all off... "barely no eyebrow hairs" run in my family! Suggestions? :D
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Surgical scar on the eyebrow Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic. Unsightly surgical scars can be revised. There are a lot of procedures for it and it depends on the scar. 1. Scar can be totally excised and resutured. 2. Dermarollers 3. Ablative and nonablative fractional lasers 4. Subcision are some of the options. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I assess the scar and advice you better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to get rid of surgical scar on eyebrow? 43 hours later
I cannot find the upload button! Oh my gosh... I really want to show you though so this can disappear. Do I have to go the the actual site, or is it in the email part...?
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 2 days later
Brief Answer: How to mail photo ? Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back. You can attach the picture to the email and send it to YYYY@YYYY from your registered email id. Write the subject of this particular email as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. YYYY@YYYY is an email id. Hope you got it. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to get rid of surgical scar on eyebrow? 13 hours later
Okay, I just sent the picture. Please let me know if you recieved it :)
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Fading a surgical scar Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back. Unfortunately I have not received the photograph. I will explain these scar revision procedures briefly. Dermaroller: Micro-needling technique or Dermaroller makes use of a hand held roller with many fine medical grade stainless steel micro-needles. This instrument is rolled in different directions over the affected skin and the needles cause micro wounds. This will release growth factors which stimulates skin to make new collagen and elastic fibres thereby smoothening scars. Fractional lasers: This makes use of the above principle, only difference is that instead of needles laser beams cause micro wounds. Subcision: Scars are pulled down by fibrous bands under the skin. A needle is inserted near the scar and pushed below it to cut the fibrous bands thereby releasing the fibrous bands. 3-4 sittings might be required for optimal results. This procedure can be combined with other scar treatments for better results. Excision and resuture: If the scar is irregular and at the same time small, the entire scar can be excised and removed and the wound can be sutured well. Get a consultation from a dermatologist who is experienced in cosmetology. He will assess your scars and plan treatment. You might need multiple sittings of different modalities of treatments for maximal benefit. If you are not interested in surgical methods, then you can apply a silicone gel (Eg : Hexilak silicone) or contractubex gel and massage over the scar twice a day. Hope this helped, Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor