Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of sinus infection and ear infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Please help, every time I walk outside I get a sinus infection and now I get ear infections also . I wait it out as long as I can and then it's antibiotics and a shot that puts a pound or two on me. As soon as I run out of medicine it starts all over again please help me I am at the end of my rope.
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 minutes later

In view of symptoms , its is very likely that you have chronic sinusitis. Chronic sinusitis is a long term sinus infection and course of antibiotic may not clear the infection completely or prevent further recurrence.

Many times there is underlying cause to this infection like blocked sinus opening or deviated nasal septum etc.Ear and oro-nasal cavity communicate with each other through Esthetician tube, so infections can spread to XXXXXXX ear as well.

A scan can help to determine extent of infection and also likely cause of it.An appropriate treatment can be planned after that.So consider a consultation with ENT specialist and getting scan done.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to get rid of sinus infection and ear infection? 9 hours later
I have had a scan done on my sinus and there is no problem there. I have had allergy testing and no allergies. I have been to an ENT couldn't find anything wrong. I have been to an immunologist and he couldn't find anything.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 27 minutes later
If there is nothing underlying, then improving sinus drainage and keeping them clean can help to prevent recurrent symptoms.

You can try breathing exercises, steam inhalation and nasal irrigation regularly.

Give this a try and there are good chances you won't have recurrent symptoms.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor