Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

How to get relief from sharp pain in breast?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 828 Questions
I have been getting a sharp piercing pain in my right breast straight from nipple in XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

You symptom of breast pain localized to nipple could be due to estrogen supplementation which you are consuming.
One of the most common side effects of estrogen is breast pain seen in 60% of women.

I recommend you to

1. Get a mammography done to rule out any pathology.
2. Reduce the dose of estrogen after consulting your treating doctor.
3. Consume low fat diet; avoid caffeine.
4. Use loose fitting garments.
5. Report immediately to your doctor, if there is nipple discharge, lumps in the breast or fever with chills.

Fortunately, the vast majority of patients with breast pain do not have breast cancer.

Hope I have answered all your queries. You can ask me anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor