How to determine the biological father of child before birth?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question
I had 2 partners in January partner number one I was with everyday until the 17 we had sex 01/10 01/11 0/12 0/13 . partner number 2 was a one night stand on the 22nd of 01. Now Iam pregnant , im scared to death that the baby might be partner number 2. Is there any way I could ease my my mind that he is not. my lmp was 12/27 my ultrasound shows the baby being here 10/5. can you please help me im restless.
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ovulation dates

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) If you had your menstruation on December 27, your ovulation would be around 10th January if you have regular cycles.

2) Hence the father of baby in all probability should be the person you were with in these days as ovulation and fertilization would have occurred these days.

3) The other person with whom you had sex on 22 January cannot be the father as it is way out of ovulation period.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol