Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

How safe is phalloplasty?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
hi Dr. XXXXXXX Sundarakumar sir if surgery will happen how much the cost will come..
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 35 hours later
Like I had mentioned earlier, surgery is the only definitive and permanent solution. There are different types and techniques of surgery available. The commonest procedure done is the release of the suspensory ligaments in the pubic area, which will add more length to the penis. There are also procedures where implants can be placed inside the penis to increase the size. Other techniques inclue injecting liposuctioned fat or placing dermal grafts. So, it is very important that the suregry is done by a well experienced cosmetic / plastic surgeon in an advanced set up. It is also to be remembered that every surgery carries a risk of complications also. So, this has to be discussed in detail with the doctor and then an informed choice has to be made.

Therefore, I would advise you to visit a plastic surgeon to have an examination / evaluation and then discuss regarding the various available surgical options.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor