How long should a person with stomach pain wait to see a doctor?
Some questions for you:
Hello and welcome,
How long to wait with stomach pain depends on the degree of pain and what the possible cause are. For example with right lower quadrant abdominal pain, you wouldn't want to wait because of the possibility of appendicitis.
I have some questions for you that will help me to answer better:
1. I see you took some dulcolax and had relief the next day. Are you currently constipated? It feels better after you have a BM?
2. If your abdomen were divided into quadrants, is the pain upper right, upper left, lower right, lower left, or in the center or under rib cage on left?
3. What is the pain like? Crampy? Sharp? Burning? Gnawing? Stabbing?
4. Does it keep you from sleeping?
5. Is your abdomen tender to touch?
6. Are your BMs normal?
7. When your stomach is empty do you have burning/gnawing?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having stomach pain and vomiting should i see a doctor
- How to heal severe stomach pain
- How to treat stomach pain of a child
- How to cure constant stomach pain
- How to cure stomach pains
- How to stop stomach pain in periods
- How to cure frequent stomach pains
- Stomach pain bloated stomach painful to touch discomfort
- How to reduce stomach pain
- How to overcome my stomach pain