How long should Norco be taken for pain management after a TKR?
Not a question. I noticed that my husbands name is on this. My name is XXXXXXX and I'm asking for myself.
Hello, and thanks for your question.
Prescription opioids after surgical procedures should not be used for more than a week, and certainly not for more than 2 weeks. Studies show that after this amount of time, pain does not decrease, but actually increases as the body habituates to the medication. So, trust your doctor, as he is making the right decision.
Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tahbso pain management
- How to wean off morphine used for pain management
- How to get rid of morphine taken for pain management
- Post cabg pain management
- How to find a good doctor for pain management
- Lscs pain management
- Should i consult a specialist doctor for pain management
- Pain management after daxotel
- How to deal with pain management
- Pain management after cyst removal