How long does vaginal bleeding continue after taking Mifegest?
I was pregnant for 6 weeks when i took MIFEGEST 200mg and Tab MISOPROST 800 mcg. and after this i had cramps and heavy bleed for 4 weeks after which i check urine test it showed me negative but my concern is i still have bleeding and its been almost 6 weeks now and i still have bleeding. is there any medication to stop the bleeding. kindly suggest
Do one pelvic ultrasound scan.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my suggestions:
1) I suggest you to undergo one pelvic ultrasound scan to check retained bits or placental tissue (if any). In that case, D & C may be required after consultation with your local doctor.
2) Tranexamic acid (like PAUSE etc) can be taken for 3 to 5 days to arrest bleeding. Take healthy diet (with iron supplements) and maintain genital hygiene.
Hope I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Thanks for your reply
Can you tell me any medication which i can take and easy available in Thailand. I live in Thailand Bangkok.
Please suggestion me medication which is available in Thailand Bangkok. I am very worried since i had no bleeding for 5 days and suddenly had bleeding again after 5 days so please suggest me any medication to stop my bleeding.
I had take the dose of MIFEGEST 200mg and Tab MISOPROST 800 mcg twice. i took the first dose when i was 6 weeks pregnant after this when i check my urine test i had a very light control line and i was scared and i took the second dose of MIFEGEST 200mg and Tab MISOPROST 800 mcg again so i am worried
after taking the second dose i had heavy bleeding and also had heavy bleeding in my urine and after 2 weeks when i checked my urine test it should showed me negative test for pregnancy but i had continued bleeding for 2 weeks and suddenly i had no bleeding for 5 days but now again i have bleeding.
please help me suggest what should i do?
waiting for your reply
Do one USG scan and follow these advices.
Thanks for follow up query. I understand your concern.
1) Heavy bleeding may be due to failed or incomplete medical abortion. There may be some placental tissue or remnants inside uterine cavity.
Therefore, I would recommend to undergo one pelvic ultrasound scan (USG) to check first. It helps to rule out underlying cause also.
2) If ultrasound scan shows some remnant tissue or incomplete abortion, then you may require to undergo surgical procedure (D & C) following consultation with local gynecologist.
3) If scan report is NORMAL, then I can suggest Tranexamic Acid (500 mg) for 3-5 days to arrest bleeding temporarily. Take IRON supplements with protein rich diet to recover from weakness. Both are available over the counter in Thailand.
4) In case of continuous heavy bleeding, you must contact with local doctor for clinical examination and she/ he may prescribe progesterone pill (Norethisterone etc) and other suggestive treatment to control bleeding.
Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck and take care.
i am worried after seeing your reply.
If the urine test shows negative that means i am not pregnant,
but as you said there must be placental tissue or remnants inside uterine cavity.
because of this i still have heavy bleeding.
I will do the test and see a doctor
Thanks for your reply i will update you
I wanted to inform you that i need a urine test and it showed negative results for pregnancy.
And also the bleeding is reduced i had cramps two days before in the morning when i woke up but it was not heavy just like the cramps during the periods time.
Now the bleeding is very little and i feel much better now.
I shall do the scan and update you
Review with report.
Thanks for your updated information.
I am very glad to hear that you are much better now and bleeding is reduced.
Do the ultrasound scan and review with report. Maintain genital hygiene.
Good luck and take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vaginal bleeding after taking a laxative
- Vaginal bleeding after taking next choice
- Why vaginal bleeding occurs after taking ipill
- Vaginal bleeding after taking mdma
- Vaginal bleeding after taking oxy elite
- Unexpected vaginal bleeding after taking ipill
- Still with vaginal bleeding after taking duphaston
- Vaginal bleeding after taking ecstasy
- Vaginal bleeding after taking pills
- Vaginal bleeding after taking ipill