Is Mifegest advisable for abortion?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 6 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I have sex with my girlfriend with out protection on 27 sep. and she have to take loette from 27 sep.
till loette 16 pill is finished.
but today i have to check pregnancy. it is positive. her first day of last mensuration date was 23 sep.

so please suggest me , now she can take mifeguest for abortion.

Please suggest .
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Abortion pills can only be taken under supervision.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Abortion pills can only be taken under supervision of a gynecologist and an expert because it may cause severe bleeding, infection and retained products of conception.
So you should consult with your gynecologist for the same.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 29 minutes later
Please confirm in this situation is it possible to get mife guest
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,she can take mifegest tablet.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

She can take mifegest under supervision of a gynecologist.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj