How long do the effects of Metoprolol and Ivabradine remain?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I've held my pm doses of metoprolol tartrate 50 mg and Corlanor 7.5 mg because my hr has been in the 40s several hours and I feel quite bad. How long until they are lower in my system from last dose / can I expect hr to improve? I'm on them for inappropriate sinus tach. Occasionally gets low but not for hours.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It will take 12 hours for the effect of medicine to wean off.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Effect of a single dose of Metoprolol and ivabradine lasts for 24 hours.
It will take atleast 12 hour for the heart rate to return to normal.
Ask you cardiologist to reduce the doses of ivabradine.
Metoprolol and ivabradine should be seperated from each other by 12 hours to prevent severe bradycardia episode in future.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana