How effective is Nexplanon implant in preventing pregnancy?
Yes it is true, expplained.
Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
Nexplanon are usually inserted on the first day of her menstrual cycle or on 5 th day if she is on her menses.
So in this situation there is no need of any back up method of contraception require.
But if it is inserted in other days of menstrual cycle than she needs backup method for 7 days.
Hope it is clear your doubt, feel free to ask more questions.
Yes, you are right.
You are most welcome.
Yes, you are right, implanon take at least one week to get fully effective but it is true when it was not inserted on first day of your period date.
If it is inserted on 1 st day of her menses than there is no need of backup contraception and it will protect from pregnancy from the very first day after insertion.
So she is protected and you should not take any stress about it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pregnancy symptoms on nexplanon
- Nexplanon implant bumpy
- Nexplanon implant side effects
- Is pregnancy possible even after having nexplanon implant
- Pregnancy test accuracy with nexplanon implant
- Nexplanon pregnancy rate
- Nexplanon and pregnancy
- Got the nexplanon implant had brown discharge chances of pregnancy
- Signs of pregnancy on nexplanon
- Can being on the nexplanon implant effect a pregnancy result