How can tremors be treated in an elderly patient?
Get examined and evaluated by a neurologist
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Acute onset tremulousness needs to examined by a physician or neurologist.
Possibility of drug induced ataxia or cerebellar involvement or basal ganglia involvement can be there.
Brain imaging maybe required.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
We have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow and I’m expecting an MRI or CT scan and a referral to a neurologist. We’ll see what occurs tomorrow morning. It does not seem to have bothered his walking although he does us a cane for balance.
He does take a lot of medications for nerve pain (Gabapentin), Zoloft and Risperidone for depression, Baclofen for muscle pain and disc damage from his motorcycle accident at 23 causing the amputation and Oxycodone (he breaks them in half and takes 4-5 halves a week).
Thank you for your kind response. XXXXXXX is also a Vet and seems to have is psych meds under control by them.
He has the added problem of gastroparesis which seems to be under control by doing his back exercises which cause his stomach to operate fairly normally and using a food journal to track what he can and cannot eat. Erythromycin helps with stomach emptying.
So onward to the new challenge.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat tremors with acupressure
- Tremors in cva patients
- Drugs to treat tremors
- Tremor in cancer patients
- Foods that treat tremors
- How to treat hand tremors when doing something
- How to treat essential tremor
- How to treat tremors from anesthesia
- How to treat arm and leg tremors
- How does the navy treat tremors
- What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What causes constant dizziness?
- Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
- What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
- Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye
- What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?
- How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?
- Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy
- What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?