How can redness in the eyes due to dust be treated?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I was in my horse barn a few days ago and a gust of wind blew some hay dust into my right eye. The eye turned bright red, although my vision was not affected. There was no pain or swelling, only the white part of the eye turning red. How do I treat this problem?
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Foreign body in eye

Detailed Answer:

Generally these kind of foreign body melts if small and few in number. If the hay dust was larger in number it stays for long and needs a carefully examined under slit lamp. it can be removed. Now your eye in this state.
Anyways you need antibiotic and anti allergies drops in your eye now.
Since these are available only with prescription after examination you need to meet your primary care physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T