How can lower right back pain be treated?

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: I have back pain in my lower right side. when I walk it feels like my leg is going to protrud through my lower back. Any clue as to what this could be?
Answered by Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Causes and possible measures to help are explained

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question and understand your concern.

Back pain can be caused by many causes but the fact that your complaints are worse when you walk the most likely cause of it is related to the muscles. Low back muscles are attached at the pelvic area and movements of the legs might affect the low back also. Sometimes the nerves running through those muscles from the low back to the leg might get pinched by the muscles being spastic and cause some discomfort related to the nerve also.

It is not dangerous condition if you don't have problems with control of urine and bowel and also no numbness in the private area. It can still effect you and cause a lot of discomfort though.
If you don't have urinary frequency or discomfort than a urinary tract infection is less likely.

To help with the discomfort you might take some pain killers like ibuprofen in high doses (if your stomach is doing well), which would be 600 mg every 6 hours after food.

You will need to also see a physiotherapist to have a check on you and see the pelvic alignement and if you have muscle spasms that can be helped with exercises.

The drugs you mention can help with the muscle spasms and also nerve symptoms- on the other hand combination of those drugs as they are both that can effect the nervous system needs to be prescribed by a doctor and monitor of their effect, side effects and dose needs to be monitored by your doctor.

I hope this is helpful and answers to your question but please feel free to reply in case more clarifications are needed on this.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj