How can chronic fatigue be treated?

Dr. Ornela Ademovi

Posted on Mon, 9 Apr 2018 in Cancer
Question: My name is XXXXXXX XXXX and I went to see an infectious disease doctor in XXXXXXX Ohio on Thursday, November 9 I have been so fatigued for the last eight years he told me I was diagnosed with mono but I am very concerned because I think there is more going on I have been fatigue for the last eight years I take 250 mg of new vigil a day just to stay away and I also take thyroid medicine for my thyroid and I also have sleep apnea but I also wear a CPAP every night back into thousand and five I had a vaginal mesh sling put in and have never felt the same as far as my health I had it removed in 2013 at UCLA br Dr Razz One of the best doctors in the world removing Mech he told me that he did not get all of my anchors out one is still in there the other one he got out my whole vaginal area was reconstructed and the mesh had grow into my bones and he had to shave it off so would there be any way that I have a bacterial infection or something that is keeping my mono going on and not subsiding I am very concerned because cancer runs very high in my family and I had read wants that if you have mono sometimes that is a sign that there is some cancer starting somewhere in your body please someone give me some one give me some answers
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
More information needed

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. First of all, your fatigue may be very well explained by sleep apnea so I would check first your blood gas levels. Mono infection, if not a frequent recurrence, may just be a normal event that will most likely run its course and eventually resolve with rest, plenty of fluids, avoidance of exertion and some tylenol or advil. Please keep in mind that mono infection may take up to four weeks to resolve.

However, it seems that you are worried about the possibility of something more going on and there is currently very little to suggest this may be the case. I would like to know whether you have had a complete physical exam, especially checking for lymph nodes, the kind of blood work you have had done and what are the results. Without this information there is little more I can say.
Please add any further information you have so I can get a better picture of what we should be looking for.

Wishing you all the best

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad