How can an itchy dime sized patch on the ear lobe be treated?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I developed a very itchy area , size of a dime or nickel on my Right ear lobe. I applied Effudex but with no improvement. In fact appears to be slowly spreading. What could this be ?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use a topical steroid cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.

I am Dr kakkar(Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.

Perhaps you have a patch of Seborrheic dermatitis. It usually presents as a red, itchy, dry/ scaly patch on face.
Seborrheic dermatitis is a steroid responsive dermatosis. Therefore I suggest you to use a topical moderately potent steroid e.g either Mometasone furoate 0.1% cream or Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% cream, twice daily for a few days.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T