• question-icon

How can a rash on the abdomen be treated?

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I HAVE A RASH ON THE FRONT OF MY BODY ON MY STOMACH AND UNDER MY BREAST I IS RED AND APPEARS TO BE FLAKY IT ITCHES ALSO THERE IS NOTHING ON MY BACK BUT IT ITCHES VERY BADLY I CALLED MY PHYSICAN TODAY AND SHR TOLD ME TO GET HYDROCORTISONE . ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANK YOU
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eczematous rash or intertrigo, cortisone cream & antihistaminic, upload pic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints it seems to be either an eczematous rash or intertrigo which is inflammation of the body folds.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Meanwhile you can apply hydrocortisone cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist