Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

How can I treat a chipped bone in my knee?.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5164 Questions
How can I treat a chipped bone in my knee?
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: If it’s intra-articular then definitive fixation . Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Treatment of chip fracture knee depends upon site of chip. If it’s intra-articular then definitive fixation or excision depending on site of chip. MRI /CT scan will help in confirming avulsion of ligament along with chip fracture. I will advise to consult orthopaedic surgeon to assess for associated injury. I can help you more if you can send/attach report of your knee x-ray. At your age there can be degenerative chip avulsion also. Use knee brace for support till time. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor