Hello, For the past 4 years I ve had heavy

Question

For the past 4 years I've had heavy bleeding at my period, and so I was put on a progesterone only pill. It has helped, but I also developed a cyst that was removed recently with laparoscopy. The beginning stages of endometriosis were also removed. I have had many ultrasounds and one pelvic MRI, and I would like to lower all my chances of woman based cancers. Is there anyway to lower my bleeding naturally without being on this birth control? Also, is there also any way to lower my chances of having ovarian cysts naturally?
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Endometrial ablation can help.

Detailed Answer:
The heavy bleeding that you are having is due to a hormonal imbalance and this disbalance can be treated only with the hormonal supplements. You can have the pills for three months and then stop them to see if the bleeding has reduced or not. Other than this endometrial ablation is an option. The cysts that you have on the ovaries are likely to be endometriotic cysts. Any natural supplements alone are not likely to help. You can discuss regarding the natural options with an ayurvedacharya.
Suppression of hormones and menopause can help in reducing the ovarian cysts.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: Hello, For the past 4 years I ve had heavy 1 hour later

The gynecologist that did the laparoscopy told me the cysts were not endometrial, and I also had fibroids as well. I was just reading that it's a bad idea to have laparoscopy to remove these as it can spread cancer if it's present. I had an MRI before and it didn't see cancer, but what are my odds that this was a bad procedure to have?

Also, is it best I stay on birthcontrol to keep bleeding down, or is that a bad decision too?

Thanks, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cancer not likely now.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The ovarian that are associated with caner are usually larger than 5cm in size and are actively growing in size. Smaller simple cysts with no septae or debris are usually benign cysts. But biopsy is the only way to confirm that the cysts you had were benign in nature.
Since MRI scan did not detect any cancer the chances of having a cancer and then spreading it by laparoscopy are minimal. No need to worry.
You can start with a birth control but that needs a regular monitoring every 3-6 months as these can predispose you to cancer. It is best to consider surgical options in case the bleeding is persistent even after 3 months of hormonal therapy.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.