Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
168 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Hello Doctor, I am Haripreeti (32yrs). I have been suffering

Answered by
Dr. Rakhi Tayal


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13708 Questions

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2019 in Women's Health
Question: Hello Doctor, I am Haripreeti (32yrs). I have been suffering from severe pain on my left lower back in pelvic region for a few years now. I consulted Neuro as well as Ortho doctors. However, they said there were no issues. I have a bulge in my L4- L5 spine as per the MRI report. I recently got a stomach scan done and the report states that I have PCOD and a bulky cervix ( 28mm) and nabothian cysts in my left ovary The pain is a continuous one and it stays throughout the day I have frequent urination Itch in my outer vagina..extreme before periods Swelling in left feet of the pain gets extreme. seek your help Regards Haripreeti
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a urine and vaginal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
The bulky cervix can be due to the nabothian cysts that you have. It is usually painless.
PCOD is a hormonal disorder and can cause delayed periods and weight gain and difficulty in conception but it is not usually associated with a pelvic pain.
The frequent urination and itching is suggestive of a urinary tract infection and a vaginal infection. This can be diagnosed after a urine test and a vaginal swab culture. This can cause a pelvic pain like you have described. This can be treated with proper antibiotics and increasing your fluid intake. You need to consult your gynecologist for proper tests and required antibiotics.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on