Hello Doctor, I am Haripreeti (32yrs). I have been suffering

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2019 in Women's Health
Question: Hello Doctor, I am Haripreeti (32yrs). I have been suffering from severe pain on my left lower back in pelvic region for a few years now. I consulted Neuro as well as Ortho doctors. However, they said there were no issues. I have a bulge in my L4- L5 spine as per the MRI report. I recently got a stomach scan done and the report states that I have PCOD and a bulky cervix ( 28mm) and nabothian cysts in my left ovary The pain is a continuous one and it stays throughout the day I have frequent urination Itch in my outer vagina..extreme before periods Swelling in left feet of the pain gets extreme. seek your help Regards Haripreeti
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a urine and vaginal infection.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
The bulky cervix can be due to the nabothian cysts that you have. It is usually painless.
PCOD is a hormonal disorder and can cause delayed periods and weight gain and difficulty in conception but it is not usually associated with a pelvic pain.
The frequent urination and itching is suggestive of a urinary tract infection and a vaginal infection. This can be diagnosed after a urine test and a vaginal swab culture. This can cause a pelvic pain like you have described. This can be treated with proper antibiotics and increasing your fluid intake. You need to consult your gynecologist for proper tests and required antibiotics.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad