Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Having white bumps on penis. Tingling and burning feeling on scrotum. Suggest some cure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
I have little white lumps on the rim of my penis and a tingle like or burning feeling on my scrotum, the white lumps tingle the odd time, as im I'n a relationship for the past 4 years and have not cheated and my partners swears she hasn't either
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 57 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
It would be better if you mention the duration of the illness.
These lesions could be due to: -Eczema and dermatitis
Dermatitis is referred to different types of skin rashes that are caused by infections, allergies, and irritants.
Contact Dermatitis occurs due to skin contact with a substance that causes an allergic reaction (allergic contact Dermatitis)
or with an irritant substances (irritant contact Dermatitis).
There are many causes for contact Dermatitis some involve irritants such as soaps, certain creams and some may be due to allergy.
Inflammation of the Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands.
Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands are normally found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be infected; trichomycosis in the case of sweat glands and folliculitis in the case of hair follicles.
They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They are yellow/black or red nodules on the hair shafts in the inguinal region. Nodules are often on the scrotum and occasionally on the base of the shaft of the penis. They may contain pus in them.
It is important to make sure you have good hygiene and keep the foreskin/glans clean. This may be the cause of the irritation. Try to keep the area dry as moisture can cause a significant amount of irritation (similar to a baby's diaper rash).
If daily cleaning and keeping the area dry are not resolving the issue, or if this is already being done, I would suggest a consultation with a dermatologist to evaluate your rash. If a fungal infection is of concern, cultures can be taken to see for sure.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor