Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Having upper abdominal pain, feeling nausea. Planning to visit gastroenterologist. Need some advice

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
Good morning, been having lots of stomaCh pain mainly upper abdominal area, salty, sour taste, bad breath feeling wanting to throw up.. Ive seen my primary she performed a CBC bump check on vitamins count and I've seen my ent no one seems to know whats wrong with me. On Monday I have to see my gastroenterologist for more testing
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 51 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Your symptoms point to acute gastritis

Avoid spicy and fermented meals

Take some antacid and a proton pump inhibitor along with domperidone twice a day

You should see a Gastroentrologist

As the diagnosis will probably be GERD

Hope this helps
AM available for followup queries
Wishing you a speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor