Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Having sciatic pain in legs. Have osteoarthritis and osteopenia, take tylenol. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
I have been having sciatic pain in both legs to my knees for a few weeks.Including throbbing pain on sides of legs at knee..I do have ? old fractures L3, L4, and L5. I say ? old, because diagnosis can't confirm whether old or new. My skin on both thighs hurts. I wear loose clothing to avoid contact with the areas. I have no rash or fever and Internally my skin feels cool...not a burning sensation which is confusing to me. I have Osteoarthritis and now Osteopenia (have been treated for the Osteoporosis for 6 yrs) I also have Osteoarthritis which I take arthritis strength Tylenol,,,Dr. prescribed another drug if after doing physical work in yard symptoms are much worse. I am avoiding more medication and haven't taken any yet. 4 weeks ago I had several chigger bites in the usual warm areas on my body - non on legs. In conclusion, I just need to know where to start? Blood work, orthopedic specialist or family dr. I think this could be Osteoarthritis related, but really starting to get me down. I am 66yrs. old and not over weight...Lots of friends and could be more active if I felt better..Thank you, XXXXXXX

. ago.Now it hurts to touch the skin on my thighs to knees,. I have osteoarthritis and osteoporosis treated for a few years.
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
consult ortho doc

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.
You have both leg pains and knee arthritis with osteoporosis. I would suggest to consult orthopedic surgeon. This needs to be investigated. You may need to get mri spine to rule out nerve compression in spine. Also get vit b12 level checked. It could be combined problem of spine and knees. Need to know which one is more severe.if possible uplosd your xrays. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor