• question-icon

Having pins and needles and numbness in leg when sit. What can this be?

Posted on Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Question: When ever i sit down i get pins and needles and numbness in my legs,in the last few days it has now progressed to my left arm to
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
The pins and needles sensations after sitting is likely to be due to a mild lumbar spine. There might be some stiffness or an associated pain in your lower back and neck.
Most of the times these minor symptoms can be taken care of with the help of regular back and neck strengthening exercises under the guidance of physiotherapist.
You can also start taking methylcobalamin supplements after consulting with your physician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon