Having periods of lightheadedness after a hysterectomy. Concerned?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Women's Health
Question: HI! I had a hysterectomy about a week ago and am having periods of lightheadedness throughout the day. I have been making sure I'm active throughout the day, am gicving myself rest when I need it, and am not taking any pain meds. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 18 minutes later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Possible causes are
1. Low hemoglobin caused by blood loss at surgery. Pls make sure the hemoglobin is around 10 grams.
2. High BP- If you are hypertensive, make sure you are back on the right medicines.
You need to be concerned when
1. There is vaginal bleeding.
2. Wound infection if it is abdominal procedure.
3. Thee is reduction in urine output and there is pain in the side of the back.
When you XXXXXXX the doctor for report of biopsy, kindly make sure you discuss these issues.
Hope this helps, Kindly get back for doubts if any.
Best Regards
DR GS